Original Article: http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-jersey/best-pancakes-in-nj/
Author: Kristen Koennemann
Pancakes are the perfect breakfast food – flavorful, fluffy and flexible. There are all kinds of pancakes out there, something to appease any palate. Stuff and top them as you please, but if you’re looking for the best… start with these. Here are some of the best pancake spots in New Jersey, listed in no particular order.
1. Uncle Bill’s Pancake House – Avalon, Cape May, North Cape May, Ocean City, Stone Harbor, Strathmere, Wildwood
This Jersey Shore staple has been in business for over 60 years, first opening in Stone Harbor. You’ll find over a dozen different kinds of pancakes including buttermilk, buckwheat, chocolate chip, potato and more. For a good deal, try the dollar pancakes – 6 for $5. You’ll also find crepes, waffles and sandwiches.
2. PJ’s Pancake House – Princeton, West Windsor
This Princeton pancake institution recently opened a West Windsor location. They’ve also added lunch and dinner items to the menu and outdoor seating. Try unique flavors like s’mores and tiramisu pancakes. Princeton students can score some epic deals here with an ID.
3. Brownstone Diner & Pancake Factory – Jersey City, Edgewater
Enjoy breakfast all day and mouthwatering flavors like Nutella-Hazelnut and PB&J. Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, this eatery also offers lunch, dinner and dessert.
4. Country Pancake House and Restaurant, 140 E. Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood
This Bergen County favorite recently opened a location in Florida. Both offer over 100 varieties of delectable pancakes, served up the size of pizzas. You’ll also find crepes, burgers, sandwiches, seafood and a fresh fruit and veggie juice bar. Try the Milky Way or Tropical Awareness pancakes… or any one of their fantastic flavors.
5. Hansel ‘N Griddle – New Brunswick. Somerville, Red Bank, Hoboken
Now a small chain, pictured is the store’s original location. Though the pancake selection is small (buttermilk, chocolate chip, banana, blueberry), they offer sweet seasonal flavors like pumpkin.
6. Rutherford Pancake House – 40 Park Avenue, Rutherford
This casual American eatery is open for breakfast and lunch and offers a variety of pancakes including vegan and gluten free options. They also have fresh-made challah French toast.
7. Maywood Pancake House – 92 West Pleasant Avenue, Maywood
With the same owners as Rutherford Pancake House, you’ll find a similar menu and the same friendly service. If you’re feeling hungry, try a Daddy-O combo.
8. Shut Up And Eat – 804 Main Street, Toms River</strong
This diner-style eatery serves a little bit of everything. Open daily, they deliver with a $10 minimum. Choose from nearly two dozen toppings on your short or full-size stack.
9. Granny’s Pancake House – 181 State Routet 23 S, Hamburg</strong
This hometown eatery is so good that diners travel for miles for breakfast here. The service is friendly and they offer a lunch menu as well.
10. Gronsky’s Milk House – 125 West Main Street, High Bridge</strong
Originally an ice cream shop, the owners added breakfast and lunch options in 1988. Try the massive fluffy pancakes plain or try a unique new flavor each month.
11. Samuel’s Pancake House – 1610 Surf Avenue, Wildwood</strong
This seasonal pancake paradise also offers a gift and candy shop. Choose from a wide variety of fillings and toppings at this top-ranked eatery.
12. Early Morning Start Cafe – 97 Quinton-Marlboro Road, Quinton</strong
When it comes to pancakes, there are only three options, but they’re all delicious. The prices are reasonable and the platters are full of flavor. You’ll enjoy the welcoming, homey atmosphere.